On a cold winter day there is nothing more comforting than a big bowl of soup. Our friend Allison Ciota's easy-to-follow Potato Chicken Cheese Soup recipe combines carrots, potatoes,chicken, and our signature fontina cheese to create a hearty and delicious meal!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups shredded ferndale farmstead fontina cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion & carrots. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5-6 minutes. Stir in thyme until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in chicken broth and milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in potatoes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15- 20 minutes. Stir in chicken and fontina cheese, a handful at a time, until smooth, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve & top with grated fontina cheese and Enjoy!